AREMT formed its interest in January 2004 after reviewing the need to have a professional Emergency Medical Service organization for industry medical technicians needing recognition of their qualifications and to support them in ongoing professional training development. After reviewing the US NREMT system, we have developed a registration system closely matching NREMT requirements and procedures, as well as Australasian and International specific EMS registration needs.
Additionally, as there were few organizations across South East Asia and Asia providing the same service, we expanded our interests to South East Asia, China, Philippines, Singapore and as far as the United Kingdom, with the support of regional EMS Educators and Assessors.
In November, 2004 AREMT became an Incorporated Company with ASIC registration: ACN 111 074 689 – Australasian Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
We have registered Emergency Medical Technicians in each state of Australia, International affiliated locations, and AREMT Assessors for registration assessments.
Private ambulance services have also affiliated with AREMT to provide EMTs with ambulance training and experience,which can only be gained with state ambulance services. Foreign ambulance services have also agreed to provide the same services to AREMT registered affiliates and EMTs.
AREMT has affiliation with:
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – ECSI Educational Center
- American Association of CME -Regional CME Provider
- International Association of Remote Medical Practitioners (USA) www.isrmp.org
- Diver Medical Training Group (Canada)
- International Association of Safety Professionals (USA)
- King Saud University (Saudi Arabia)
- APT Group (Italy)
- Plural Group (UK)
- Crowder College (USA)
- in addition, private EMS organizations, defense personnel,marine medical personnell…..
Through association with UK counterparts, we are able to provide EMTs with exchange EMT training/experience in the UK, Singapore and Philippines, with additional nations across South East Asia taking interest as well.