Crowder College in conjunction with the Australasian Registry of EMTs is proud to announce the first ever truly global Online Paramedic Course that is globally recognized and awards college credits. The course is broken up over two semesters. The first Semester is completed online and includes 16 weeks of didactic training such as, weekly readings, writing assignments, discussion forums, quizzes and live interface via webinars, followed by 14 weeks of skills training, hospital and field internships in the USA. Crowder College assists with visa application sponsorship and support.
Paramedic Program participants learn to:
- Provide competent clinical pre-hospital care to the ill or injured
- Master skills and concepts essential to the operation of EMS systems and other agencies
- Interact effectively with other health-care professionals and patients
- Link theoretical and practical experience and knowledge of health care with specific application to EMS
PARAMEDIC PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Crowder College is an accredited Paramedic Training Program certified by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. The College offers day programs which provide comprehensive instruction involving paramedic and other emergency medical service education. Beginning Fall 2013 the program will be offered with the book portion ONLINE with a subsequent 14 week clinical block to be held in the Joplin/Neosho region. This will allow someone who is currently working or International students to complete the classroom portion online and then attend the clinical portion as means of providing convenience for those leading a busy lifestyle.
A certified Paramedic is authorized, under the direction of a command physician, to provide Advanced Life Support services including rescue, triage, treatment and transport of emergency patients.
Students learn to provide critical pre-hospital care to ill or injured patients; to master skills essential to the coordination and management of Emergency Medical Service (EMS) systems; and to interact effectively with health care professionals.
Paramedics provide the first-line treatment essential at accident scenes and in other emergency situations. They are vital to the well being of the community and need superior training and preparation to properly do their demanding job. Those involved in emergency medical situations can get the quality education they need at Crowder College without leaving the region.
PREREQUISITES FOR PROGRAM
- Must be at least 18 years of age to enter the program
- Current EMT Licensure
- Admission to the program (Paramedic Application) – Current AHA Healthcare Provider Level CPR
- Verification of negative TB skin test and Hepatitis B series
- Three letters of recommendation
For more information contact, Kristin Spencer,
EMT/Paramedic Program Director, 417-455-5505